Wednesday 19 October 2011

Lip Sync (In Progress)

As of the moment, i'm still working on my hand drawn lip sync, and finding it quite a bit more difficult than I expected. Utilizing the dope sheet was a little awkward at first, thanks, in part, to its jumbled mess of neatly organised columns, but I swiftly got at least some of the idea. In truth, the most entertaining part of this task was thinking up an array of stylised, but vaguely realistic (as opposed to a more cartoon-friendly style) mouths; though, I shot myself in the foot by choosing to make my character a baby, consequently lacking a sufficient set of gnashers with which to easily express several letters. I made do with two teeth on the upper and lower jaw and hoped for the best. 
At the very least, i've keyframed the mouth and the head. Adding the eyes comes later, as I don't feel confident in doing it all at once. I'd like to at least know the lip sync works before I waste more time on the superfluous details. Playing the frames at 8 fps gave me an impression of how the final lip sync would look, and it seems to work, and i'm still remaining cautiously optimistic regarding how well it'll tween. 

No comments:

Post a Comment